The result? Everyone loved it and it was all gone in no time!
Here is my recipe:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax & 3 tablespoons water (let this rest for a bit so it takes up the water a bit)
- 60 gr vegan butter (most recipes have some specific butter, I'd say anything will do. Use whatever you have, as long as it's healthy :) )
- 150 gr sugar (here you can again go fancy and use brown sugar or whatever, I used plain sugar..)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix these with a mixer.
And then add one by one, in this order the following:
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 180 gr flour
- 100 gr chocolate (I used dark vegan chocolate)
The original recipe said you can add almond milk if the mix is falling apart, but I didn't need that. This should be just fine. Make cookies and place them on a baking plate. Bake them for 12-13 minutes at 180 C. They will feel really soft, but if you take them out and let them dry a bit, they become perfect.